In the holiday region of the Ahrntal valley, the principles of sustainable tourism are consistently implemented, in order to preserve the unique mountain region with its alpine flora and fauna and to enable all guests holidays in terms of sustainability, environmental and climate protection. In the long term we want to develop our vacation region more sustainable and guarantee a high quality of our offers. Through constant development, sustainability is lived and experienced every day!
- Free use of public transport for guests who are staying at one of the accommodations which are a member of the Tourism Associations Ahrntal valley or Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures
- Public buses: daily connections every 15 minutes (or every 30 minutes)
- Direct connection to the train from Bruneck/Brunico
- Hiking without car: many hiking trails start directly at bus stops or even at your accommodation
- EV charging stations throughout the valley
- Wonderful flora and fauna, framed by the Rieserferner Ahrn Nature Park
- Car-free valley in the middle of the nature park
- The Tourism Association of the Ahrntal valley as well as the municipalities of the Ahrntal valley and Prettau/Predoi are part of the project "Ahrntal valley: clean air area"
- Together for a clean valley: every year is organised a clean-up day in every village of the Ahrntal valley
- Energy Community of Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures (further information)
- Biomass district heating concept in the Ahrntal valley
- Biogas plant BIOWATT in Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures
- Solar street lights
- Cascade (public swimming pool in Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures) with 100% green energy supply
- Biomass cogeneration
- Solar power system SPORTS HALL
- Eco house & Common Goods Balance Hotel Drumlerhof, CO2-neutral hotel & Common Goods Balance FELDMILLA Designhotel
- Innovative water storage
- Hydroelectric power station TEWAG
- Wind power station REIN/RIVA
- Waterworks in the Ahrntal valley and Prettau/Predoi for the green generation of electricity
- Taufrisch - a new vegetable-growing project bringing freshness, intense flavours and variety to the Taufers kitchen.
- Wide range of accommodations with farm products as well as organic, nature and hiking hotels
- Committed accommodations: Many accommodations focus on regionality and renewable energies. They use biodegradable cleaning supplies and have e-charging stations or offer a bicycle rental. Furthermore, biodiversity, attractive working conditions and Economy for the Common Good are part of a sustainable development strategy.