The history of tourism in Acereto is still young, as there was no access road to the village until 1967. However, already at the beginning of the 1960s, the Moosmair inn regularly welcomed visitors in the summer who did not mind the strenuous walk up the mountain. Luggage was delivered by a freight elevator to the nearby sawmill.
But the roots go much further back. Individual 'outsiders' may have walked up the steep mountain village as far back as 1800.
These and other interesting documents on mountain farming and tourism can be found in the private Moos-eum.